| poetry & writing | Feasts
Rede of the Wiccae
As published in Green Egg #69, Lady Gwen (aka Lady Gwynne) Thompson attributed to Adriana Porter, paternal grandmother.
Being known as the counsel of the Wise Ones:
1. Bide the Wiccan Laws ye must In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust.
2. Live an’ let live - Fairly take an’ fairly give.
3. Cast the Circle thrice about To keep all evil spirits out.
4. To bind the spell every time - Let the spell be spake in rhyme.
5. Soft of eye an’ light of touch - Speak little, listen much.
6. Deosil go by the waxing Moon - Sing and dance the Wiccan rune.
7. Widdershins go when the Moon doth wane, An’ the Werewolf howls by the dread Wolfsbane.
8. When the Lady’s Moon is new, Kiss thy hand to Her times two.
9. When the Moon rides at Her peak Then your heart’s desire seek.
10. Heed the Northwind’s mighty gale - Lock the door and drop the sail.
11. When the wind comes from the South, Love will kiss thee on the mouth.
12. When the wind blows from the East, Expect the new and set the feast.
13. When the West wind blows o’er thee, Departed spirits restless be.
14. Nine woods in the Cauldron go - Burn them quick an’ burn them slow.
15. Elder be ye Lady’s tree - Burn it not or cursed ye’ll be.
16. When the Wheel begins to turn - Let the Beltane fires burn.
17. When the Wheel has turned a Yule, Light the Log an’ let Pan rule.
18. Heed ye flower bush an’ tree - By the Lady Blessèd Be.
19. Where the rippling waters go Cast a stone an’ truth ye’ll know.
20. When ye have need, Hearken not to others greed.
21. With the fool no season spend Or be counted as his friend.
22. Merry meet an' merry part - Bright the cheeks an' warm the heart.
23. Mind the Threefold Law ye should - Three times bad an’ three times good.
24. When misfortune is enow, Wear the Blue Star on thy brow.
25. True in love ever be Unless thy lover’s false to thee.
26. Eight words ye Wiccan Rede fulfill - An' it harm none, Do what ye will.
about us | classes | rituals | pagan voices | meditations | magical studies | library | sacred texts
site map | students | initiates